3rd Degree Controlled Substance – SALES
A third degree drug sale charge means you are accused of selling, or possessing with the intent to sell, the following:
- A narcotic drug;
- One or more mixtures, or 10 or more dosages of phencyclidine or a hallucinogen in a 90-day period;
- A Schedule I, II, or III controlled substance, but not a Schedule I or II narcotic drug, to someone under 18 years-old;
- Schedule I, II, or III, but not a Schedule I or II narcotic drug, and works with or employs someone under 18;
- 5 kilograms or more of marijuana or Tetrahydrocannabinols (THC) in a 90-day period.
3rd Degree Controlled Substance – POSSESSION
A third degree drug possession charge means an accusation of possession of the following:
- 10 grams or more of a narcotic drug other than heroin in a 90-day period;
- 3 grams or more of heroin in a 90-day period;
- 50 or more dosages of a narcotic drug in a 90-day period;
- A Schedule I or II narcotic drug, or 5 or more dosages of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), 3,4-methylenedioxy amphetamine, or 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine in a school, park, or public housing zone, or at a drug treatment facility;
- 10 kilograms or more of marijuana or THC within a 90-day period; or
- Methamphetamine or amphetamine in a school zone, park, or public housing zone, or a drug treatment facility.
The weight of the liquid containing traces of the above controlled substances can be used if 4 or more fluid ounces.
CALL DEFENSE LAWYER COLEY GROSTYAN NOW AT 612-747-2254
If convicted of 3rd degree drug charge, the maximum punishment is 20 years in prison and/or a $500,000 fine. Although the maximum punishment is a cap, and rarely applies, if you are accused of selling or possessing controlled substances while possessing a firearm, a mandatory minimum 3-year prison sentence would apply.
Coley Grostyan is an aggressive and experienced defense attorney with years of experience focusing on defending against controlled substance charges and other serious felonies. Contact drug lawyer, Coley Grostyan, today at 612-747-2254 for the individualized and experienced criminal defense you deserve.